The Canon IPF770 is a 36-inch large printer that you can get at an affordable price. You can mainly use the printer for printing posters and signages.
Its optimal color quality and magenta ink will provide you vivid quality pictures. Also, the software inside the printer is very much user-friendly hence, you can understand every feature quite easily.
Here, we will discuss the driver download and installation process for the Canon IPF770 printer. We will also provide you the solutions to some common problems that might occur in your printer.
Download Drivers for the Canon IPF770 Printer
To use all the features of your printer, you need to install the necessary drivers. So, let’s begin with the driver download procedures for the Canon IPF770 printer in Windows and Macintosh Operating Systems.
Download Drivers for Windows
In the Windows Operating System, the steps to download the drivers are as follows.
- Open a web browser in your computer and type the address of the Canon support page in the URL bar and press the Enter key.
- Wait for a few seconds as the page starts loading on your screen. Just like the other printer support pages, you will see here a blank text box and a “Go” button.
- Type the model number of your printer and click on the “Go” button. After that, choose the “Drivers & Downloads” from the category.
- Generally, the webpage will automatically detect your Operating System. If not, then select the OS and the language preference. Then click on the “Drivers”.
- You will find the necessary drivers after navigating the “Drivers & Downloads” section. It also includes AutoCAD, plugins, extra kit and other files.
Besides, you must know that the default browser for Windows is Internet Explorer and Edge. Also, the default executable file format is “.exe”.
Download Drivers for Macintosh
The driver download procedure for the Canon IPF770 printer on Mac is quite the same as Windows. But, a few things are different in this Operating System.
Unlike Windows, the default browser on Mac is Safari. So, you need to open the browser and access the Canon support page. While selecting the Operating System, choose Mac OS and its current version.
Note: The executable file on Mac is available in the “.dmg” format. So, pay attention to the downloaded Canon printer drivers on Mac OS.
Driver installation Procedure for Canon IPF770 Printer
After buying the brand new Canon printer, you will definitely want to explore all the exclusive features of the device. That is why you need to install the drivers after downloading them successfully.
Here, we will provide you all the necessary information about the driver installation process for Windows and Macintosh Operating Systems.
Printer Driver Installation for Windows
Before performing the installation procedure, check whether you have got a driver disc along with your printer. Here, you will get all the various processes to install your printer driver. Now follow the sections very carefully.
Install Via USB
When you are having a USB cable, you can install the printer drivers easily. Here are the steps that you must follow to try this method.
- If you get a driver disc along with the printer, then remove the tags and insert it in your computer. Make sure that the printer is not connected with your PC with USB or wireless connection during this process.
- Wait for some time until the computer reads the disc and extract the files. After that, the setup window will appear on the screen. Now choose your desired language, country, region and click on “Next”.
- Then the License Agreement dialog box will open. After reading it thoroughly, click to agree with the terms and conditions and respond to the questionnaires.
- Now, select the “Install with USB Connection” and click on the “Next” button. Before clicking the USB connection button, you must connect the printer to your computer with the help of a USB cable.
- After reviewing the “Complete Installation” window, click on the “Next” tab and finish the driver installation procedure.
Now restart your computer in order to save the installation and settings for your Canon IPF770. You can also install the drivers with the help of the network connection as well. So, proceed to the next section for further details.
Install the Drivers with TCP/IP Network Connection
If your printer is already connected to the wireless network, you must know its IP address. Now the steps to install the drivers are as follows.
- Take a LAN cable and connect one end of it to the back of the printer and the other end to the hub port.
- Before connecting the cable, make sure that the printer is on. Now insert the driver disc and follow the installation steps that are given above.
- When the Printer Selection window appears on your screen, select “The printer is connected to computers in a network”. Now click on “Next” to continue.
- Read the precautions thoroughly in the “Getting Ready” window. Now select “Find available printers in the network” and select “Next”. The network will then start searching for your printer.
- All the available printers will be on the list of the search results window. So, select the name of your printer. You can also select the IPv4 or IPv6 devices tabs and then click on “Next”.
Install Drivers using the DHCP
You can also install the drivers for your printer with the help of the DHCP server. It generally allocates the IP address of the printer automatically. Before that, you must configure one of the following settings that will match your system.
An Environment with a DNS Server
In this environment, you need to configure the DNS dynamic update functions of the printer. After that, register its hostname with the DNS server.
An Environment without a DNS Server
In this type of network environment, you need to configure the DHCP server. It will always help you to set the same IP address of your printer.
To use the DHCP for installing the drivers, go through the steps that are given below.
- Select the IPv4 or IPv6 with the help of the navigation keys and tap on “OK”. Now select “DNS Settings” with the navigation keys and press “OK”. Now choose the DNS sync update with the help of those navigation keys and again tap on “OK”.
- If you are having an IPv4 connection, select it and tap on “OK”. In case you are having the IPv6, you will see the message “Use the same hostname and domain name as IPv4? ”.
- Choose “Off” using the navigation keys and tap on “OK”. Then select “Stateful Addr” and turn it on with the help of the navigation keys. Similarly, choose “Stateless Addr” and set it “On” using this step.
Once the entire driver download procedure is now complete, you will be able to print your files and documents with the Canon IPF770 printer.
If you don’t get any driver discs, you can install the drivers from the Canon printer’s official support page.
Thereafter, you need to go to the folder where the executable files are saved. Then double-click to install them one by one and restart your computer to save these changes.
Driver Installation Procedure for Macintosh
When you are having a Macintosh Operating System, here are the steps to install the drivers in your Canon IPF770. Before performing the driver installation process, make sure that you are the Admin of your computer.
First, check whether your printer is connected to the Mac computer. If it is so, then disconnect it and insert the driver disc that you got along with your printer.
Wait until your computer reads the disc. You can also double click on the CD-ROM icon to open the files in the disc. When the printer setup window appears on the screen, click on the “Next” button to proceed further.
After the previous step, an installation window will pop up. You need to type the username and password with Administrator rights. This will assist you to download the Helper Tool on Macintosh OS X or above. Now select your country and region from the Residence window and again click “Next” to continue.
After selecting your residence, another window will appear. It will ask you to select the software that you want to install. Also, hover your mouse pointer over the files so you can get a brief idea about the applications. Choose “Next” to proceed further.
Read all the license agreements carefully and agree to the terms by clicking “Yes”. Now the Canon extended survey program dialog will appear in front of you. If you don’t want to agree, then click on the “Do not agree” button.
Note: We recommend you to agree and click on the “Agree” button.
Now answer the questionnaire and confirm your responses by selecting the “Next” button. After that, wait for some time until the driver installation is complete.
After the successful installation of all the drivers, you need to connect your printer to the system. Next, a pop-up box will show up on your computer display, asking for the printer connection. Now, connect the printer with the help of a USB cable.
After connecting the printer to your computer, you must choose the appropriate method to select the device. So, if you have connected it via USB, then follow the steps that are given below.
- After connecting the USB cable, the “Execute media type update” checkbox will appear. So, tick this box and click on the “Next” button.
- A warning message will appear, asking for confirmation whether the printer is active or not. We hope that your printer is now active and hence, you need to click on the “OK” button.
After that, exit the window when the message regarding installation complete shows up.
Note: If your computer is still connecting with the printer, you will see a small rectangular box named “Communicating”. So, don’t perform any task on your computer else, it can interrupt the communication process.
Common Issues in the Canon IPF770 Printer
While working with the Canon IPF770 printer, you might come across some of the most common issues that can slow down your work. The issues are as follows.
- Jammed papers
- Unclear printing quality
- Device stops while printing
- Cannot find the printer on the network
- Driver installation problems
- Printer running slow
- Printer IP is not set
Now let’s discuss the solutions regarding these problems. Just go through all the sections that are given below.
Fix Jammed Papers
During the printing process, the paper inside the tray might get jammed due to some reasons. As a result, your printer stops printing midway. To resolve this issue, go through the points below.
- Open the roller cover gently and you may find the paper stuck in the middle of the rollers.
- Now, cut the folded papers with normal scissors very carefully. Make sure that you don’t hurt yourself or somehow damage the device.
- Push the lever to release the roller. Take out the jammed paper very carefully.
- If you see that the paper is jammed inside the top cover, slide the carriage to right and then to the left manually.
- Clear the jammed paper and close the printer’s top cover.
Apart from this, there are also a few problems that you might face. So, proceed to the next section to know more about it.
Unclog Printhead and Refill Ink Cartridge
Sometimes, your printer may produce unclear outputs. It might happen due to reasons like the ink cartridge is near to empty, clogged printheads due to dried ink, etc.
To troubleshoot these issues, you can use any third-party utility program that will clear the dried ink from the printing heads.
Besides, if you see that the cartridge is running low in ink, replace the unit with a new one. After that, print a test page and we hope that your printer will print properly.
Make Printer Ready and Clear Printing Queue
When your printer stops printing accidentally, it might show an error message on the screen. It is a common problem for many Canon printers. So, whenever you are facing this problem, the first thing you need to do is to turn off the device and unplug it.
Once again, turn it on and wait for the printer to enter into the ready state. When the device is steady, start printing.
Many times, some undone print jobs might still be present in the printing queue. Hence, you must delete those jobs and try to print them once again. Hopefully, your printer will now print smoothly.
Configure your Printer’s IP Address
When you cannot find the printer on your network, you must set up the IP address first. Then configure it from the printer’s Control Panel. Now follow the steps to do so.
Go to the Control Panel of the printer, tap on the Settings and press “OK”. Then, use the upward and downward keys (navigation tabs) for selecting the interface of the setup and tap on “OK”.
Once again, use the navigation keys to select the TCP/IP and select “OK”. In order to enter the IP address, use the navigation keys and select the IPv4, its Settings window and Address sections. After that, tap “OK” and type the IP address in the specified space.
Press the “Menu” and the registration confirmation page will appear on the screen. Tap on “Yes” and press “OK” with the help of the navigation keys. Now the IP address is completely set on the printer.
If you haven’t installed the drivers yet, install it by following the instructions given above in the driver installation section.
Reinstall Printer Driver
Your printer might exhibit certain problems when the drivers are not correctly installed on your computer. In this case, you need to uninstall the printer drivers and reinstall them correctly.
Note: If you can’t repair the installer or corrupted installation files, its best to uninstall the driver and reinstall.
To remove the printer drivers, go through the following points.
- Click on the Windows “Start” menu and choose “All Programs”. Then select the “Canon Printer Uninstaller”.
- After that, select the “imagePROGRAF” to display the printer window. Now select the name of your printer from the list and click on “Delete”.
- When the warning message appears, click on “Yes”. After the process is over, make sure that your printer is not on the list.
Now you have to remove the “imagePROGRAF” status monitor from your computer. The steps are as follows.
- Open the Control Panel and select “Uninstall a program”. You will find the list of installed programs there.
- Find the desired application, click on it and click on the “Uninstall” button. Wait for the operation to complete.
After that, you have to remove the imagePROGRAF Device Setup Utility software. So, follow the instructions given below.
- Click on the Windows Start menu and click on “All Programs”. Then choose the “imagePROGRAF Device Setup Utility” application.
- Then you need to select the “imagePROGRAF” option to start the uninstallation wizard. In the wizard, click on “Delete” and then select “Next”.
Now follow the on-screen instructions to complete the procedure. Thereafter, you can visit the official support page for the Canon printer and obtain the latest drivers for your device.
Modify Printing Quality when it is Running Slow
Sometimes, your printer might be running slow due to both hardware and software issues. Hence, you need to fix this problem otherwise, you will not be able to work with the device.
So, we suggest reducing the printing quality by accessing the Settings from the printer’s Control Panel. When you apply this fix, it will speed up the printing process and hence, your printer will reduce the usage of ink and toner.
Moreover, you can also exclude the graphics from the documents that you want to print.
Ensure the Printer’s IP is Set Correctly
If your IP is not set in a correct manner, then follow these steps to reconfigure it. This will help you in establishing the wireless network connection to your printer.
When your printer is searching for an available network, the “Method of Configuring IP Address” window plays a significant role. It chooses a suitable option from the given methods for configuring the IP address.
- In order to configure the IP address directly, select the “Configure manually” that is present in the “Method of Configuring IP Address” section.
- If you want to allocate the IP address automatically with the help of DHCP server functions, then choose “Configure automatically”.
Once done, you can write the preferred name of your printer, select the installation location under “Information about the printer to configure” and then begin the installation process.
If you want to enter the address manually, access the IP address specification window and select “IPv4” or “IPv6”. Then click on the “Install” button to start the installation process.
Once the installation results appear on the “Complete Installation” window, hit the “Next” button.
In the “Finish” window, click on the “Restart my computer now” to reboot your device. The restart process will now save all the changes and enable the settings for Canon printer software installation.
Easy and Instant Canon IPF770 Support
After following the procedures given above if you are still facing printing issues, just dial us at our toll-free number [ ]. Our technical team of experts will take care of all the Canon IPF770 printer problems.
Why does your Canon Printer not Recognize Ink Cartridge?
Ans: Sometimes, your Canon printer cannot detect the cartridges if they are running low in ink or empty. When this situation arrives, you will receive an error message about it. Hence, you need to replace the cartridge with a new one for eliminating the error message permanently.