The HP DesignJet T120 is one of the most affordable printers that will transform your printing experience. It is very user-friendly, compact and supports wireless features.
This can help you to take printouts from your computer, mobile, and tablet devices. It also has the “one-click” print feature that will speed up your printing process and save valuable time.
We are here to provide all the necessary information about the HP DesignJet T120 printer. We will also assist you regarding the driver download and installation procedure, common errors and its rectification processes, service promotion, etc.
Steps to Download Drivers for HP DesignJet T120 Printer
You will get all the information on how to download the drivers for the HP DesignJet T120 printer. Here, we are going to discuss the methods of downloading the drivers on Windows and Macintosh Operating Systems.
Drivers for Windows Operating System
If you are using Windows Operating System, then go through this section in order to download the drivers for your HP DesignJet T120 printer. The steps are as follows.
- Open the default browser of your computer. If you are using Windows 10, then the browser will be Edge, else it will be Internet Explorer. Now type the URL of HP’s support page and then press Enter.
- You will see many devices present there. Select “Printer” and a blank text box will appear on your screen, asking you for the model number.
- Insert the model number of the device and you have to select what you are trying to download. So, select “Software and Drivers” and it will take you to the download page.
- Click on “Submit” and download all the drivers for HP DesignJet T120 one by one. You can also download the drivers all at a time depending upon the quality and speed of your Internet connection.
- There are also a few driver packages present there. We advise you to download the separate drivers to proceed with the printer installation.
The driver executable files will be present in the “Downloads” folder. So, go to the folder and install the “.exe” files one by one. Your computer might restart during the time of installation. It is quite natural and you don’t have to panic about it.
Drivers for Macintosh Operating System
If you are using the Macintosh Operating System, the download process is to some extent comparatively easy.
But you need to keep a few important things in mind. The file extension of Macintosh is .dmg and the default browser is Safari. After that, follow all the above process to download the driver. Make sure that you insert the correct name of your OS and its version before downloading the driver.
Driver Installation Process for HP DesignJet T120 Printer
Here, we are about to discuss all the necessary steps to install the drivers in Windows and also in the Macintosh Operating System. Follow all the steps attentively to install the drivers.
Driver Installation Process in Windows
If you are using Windows OS, you need to follow all the steps to install the drivers on your computer. They are given below.
- Turn on your computer and the printer to install the drivers. Keep a USB cable ready from your end. Whenever the printer prompts, you will have to attach the cable to connect both devices.
- If you get any driver installation disc along with the printer, then unwrap and insert it in your computer’s CD/DVD drive. After the Autoplay option appears, follow the onscreen instructions and install the drivers.
- In case you don’t get any driver disc, then follow the previous sections to download the drivers. During the installation process if your printer device asks for connecting the USB, attach one end of the cable to your printer and the other to your computer.
After finishing the installation procedure, restart your computer in order to save these changes.
Driver Installation Process in Macintosh
To install the drivers in the Macintosh Operating System, you need to go through all the points which are given below.
- Go to the “Apple” menu and create a new print queue. After that, if you haven’t downloaded the drivers manually, then update Apple software.
- Before that, you need to add your HP DesignJet T120 printer to your system. Click on the “System Preferences” and select the “Print & Fax”, “Print & Scan” or “Printer and Scanners” option depending upon the Mac version that you are using.
- When a list of the available printers appears, select the name of your printer and click on the “Use” button. Now choose the “Add” option to add the device to your printer list.
Once done, close the System Preferences window. Now your printer is ready to print your documents.
Common Problems of HP DesignJet T120 Printer
The HP DesignJet T120 printer also exhibits certain problems that you need to know. The list of problems include:
- Printing issues
- Paper jam
- Bad image/print quality
- Driver installation problems
- Wireless issues
We will also provide you the possible solutions regarding all these problems. They are given in detail in the next section.
Solutions to Troubleshoot Problems in HP DesignJet T120
The most effective solutions to the common problems in your HP DesignJet T120 printer are given here.
Fix Paper Issues
While printing, a certain situation may arise when your paper is stuck in the middle of the process. This happens due to some reasons when you use low-quality papers, incompatible paper size, and others.
So we recommend you to use good and correct paper size for printing your documents. Whenever you come across a paper jam, make sure you check the rollers inside the printer.
This will help to know whether any printer component got damaged somehow or not.
Resolve Printing Quality
When you are printing pictures from your printer, you might see the images might not print correctly. This happens due to various reasons like missing color dots, inaccuracy of colors, faded color print, uncertain color print, and other errors. To fix it you need to check out certain things.
They are like checking the paper quality, printer driver settings, ink system, cartridge quality, paper calibration, and environmental conditions near the printer.
To resolve this error, you need to change the ink cartridge or the toner for better quality printing.
Rectify Driver Installation Problems
When you are unable to install the drivers in your system for the HP DesignJet T120 printer, there must be some underlying reasons To rectify that, you need to follow the points that are given below.
Remove your Printer from Computer
Removing the printer from the list is one of the easiest solutions to solve this issue. The steps to try this fix are given below.
- When your printer is active in your computer via a USB cable, detach it. Then, turn off the printer and switch it on again.
- After turning on, make sure that the printer reaches its ready state. Click on the “Device and Printers” and open the list of printers.
- Select the name of your printer and click on “Remove Device”.
After that, restart your computer and again add the device by clicking on the “Add” option. Then, try to install the printer drivers.
Windows Update to Download and Install the Drivers
After downloading the drivers from the HP’s downloads page if you cannot install them correctly, then relying on Windows updates is the only option. This will download the drivers and install them automatically.
Just go to the “Device installation settings” and you will find an option “Do you want to automatically download manufacturer’s apps and custom icons available for your devices? ”.
There will be two radio buttons present there. So, click on “Yes (Recommended)”. In doing so, Windows Update will download and install all the necessary drivers for your computer and printer.
Add Printer Manually
You might face the driver installation error when your system cannot detect the printer automatically. In that case, we advise you not to install the driver. Before that, go to the “Control Panel” and click on “Devices and Printers”. You can see the “Add Printer” option on the top.
A dialog box will appear on your screen prompting and showing the name of your printer. So, click on it and select your printer. You can also add your printer with the help of a TCP/IP address.
Fix Wireless Issues in HP DesignJet T120 Printer
When you are unable to connect the printer to your wireless network, you need to troubleshoot the connection problems. Now follow the points which are given below to resolve the wireless issue.
Update the Printer Firmware and Driver
To update your printer firmware, you need to follow these steps which are given below.
- Before updating the firmware, make sure that the device is on and connected to your computer via a wireless network or a USB cable.
- Go to the official HP support page and enlist the version of Windows that you are using. Then click on the “Firmware” and hit the Download button.
- The firmware setup file will be saved in the Downloads folder on your computer. Access the folder, double-click on it to install the software.
If you cannot find any firmware section on the HP website, no compatible firmware might be available for your computer.
Eliminate Software Issues
Sometimes, fixing the software problems can resolve the wireless connection in your printer. Also, you can use any secured third-party software to print your files from the printer if the current driver is corrupted.
Whenever you identify the driver that is causing a printing problem, uninstall that particular software and re-install it.
Check Wires, Cables, and Ports
Wireless issues sometimes take place when the Ethernet and USB cables are torn, broken or stop working. Hence, your computer cannot upload or download data from the printer as well as from the Internet.
So, you need to inspect all the wires and cables before establishing the connection between your printer and PC. If you see any defective or damaged components, replace them as soon as possible.
Get Instant HP Printer Assistance
After applying these solutions if you are still facing problems with your printer, then you can give us a call to our toll-free number [ ]. We will take care of the rest and troubleshoot your printer problems at the earliest.
We have our team of excellent technicians to help you solve all of your HP DesignJet T120 printer problems without much delay.
How to Load Paper on the HP DesignJet T120 Printer?
Ans: Before turning on the printer, open the paper tray and take a medium bunch of paper. Then place the bunch in the tray, align the page with the help of a paper slider and close the tray. After setting the paper and installing cartridges, the try to print a test page.
How to print from the HP DesignJet T120 Printer?
Ans: Open the file that you want to print. Press Ctrl+P and select the name of the printer from the queue. Now, wait for the printer to print your document without interrupting the process.
How Many Pages does the HP DesignJet T120 Print?
Ans: A normal HP ink cartridge (11ml) can print approximately 220 pages. If the cartridge is 16 ml and more, it will print more pages accordingly.