The HP DesignJet T510 printer is a high-quality printing device that you can use for printing CAD documents. This printer can deliver excellent performance by printing 55 pages per minute.
But, you have to use D/A1 size pages in order to get this level of performance. You can also use it for high-quality printing for mechanical and technical drawings. After printing these complex drawings, you will be able to see the sharp details and superb resolution.
Here, we will provide you the information about the driver download and installation procedure for HP Designjet T510. So, follow all the sections very carefully.
Downloading HP DesignJet T510 Printer Driver
When you are using the printer, you need to download the drivers and then install them. Now follow the steps below to download the HP Designjet T510 drivers in Windows and Macintosh Operating System.
When you have Windows OS and are willing to download the drivers, these are the steps that will help you.
- The first and foremost thing you need to do is to turn on your printer and computer. Next, look for any USB cable that is connected to the printer. If you find any, then detach the USB cable from the printing machine.
- Open the HP’s official support page for printers from the default browser (Internet Explorer, Edge, etc.) on your computer. After the webpage loads, select “Software and Drivers” from the category list.
- After that, you will see a blank space where you have to write the model number of your printer. Then press the Enter key.
- Now a prompt box will open asking you for the Operating System version. From the drop-down box, select the OS you are using. After that, select the “Submit” button.
- The HP driver downloads page will appear on your screen and you will find all the necessary drivers. So, download them one by one. The extension of driver files in Windows is in the “.exe” format.
Here, you will find a driver package file. It indicates that a certain number of driver files are zipped into a single folder. But, we advise you to download the drivers separately. You can also download the drivers all at a time if your Internet connection is fast enough to do so.
Just like Windows, the download procedure for Mac is near about the same. To visit the downloads page, you need to open the default browser “Safari” for Mac devices.
Thereafter, follow the above-mentioned steps to download the printer drivers for HP Designjet T510. The file extension on Macintosh is in the “.dmg” format. In addition to that, the executable files will be saved in the default “Downloads” folder.
So, locate the drivers and install them accordingly.
Installation of Drivers in the HP DesignJet T510 Printer
After downloading the HP Designjet T510 printer software, now you can proceed to install these drivers. We will now discuss the driver installation procedures on both Windows and Macintosh Operating Systems.
Driver Installation for Windows
When you are using the Windows OS, then you need to follow the points that are given below. This will help you to install all the printer drivers with ease.
- Turn on your computer and the printer first. Make sure you don’t connect any wired media to the printer. Also, look for any disc driver that you got with your device for the installation.
- If you find the media in the form of CD/DVD, unwrap it and insert it to the disc drive of your computer. Wait for the Autoplay option to appear on the screen.
- After that, you need to follow the step by step instructions that will appear on the screen.
Note: On the other hand, you can also install the drivers from the executable files if you have downloaded them. Access the destination directory and install the printer drivers one by one by double-clicking on them.
- Your computer may restart a couple of times during the driver installation. So, don’t panic as this process will be over eventually.
After the successful installation of the drivers, you need to restart your computer manually. This restart procedure will save the changes in your computer.
Driver Installation for Macintosh
In the Macintosh Operating System, you need to access the Downloads folder and install the files after locating them. Before that, you need to add your printer to your Macintosh computer. Now, go through the steps that are given below.
- Add a new printer queue on your Macintosh computer and perform a software update.
- After the successful update of your Macintosh PC, select the “Apple” menu. Then choose the “System Preferences” and click on any of the following options depending upon the Mac version.
“Print & Fax”, “Print & Scan” or “Printer & Scanner”
- When the list of printers appears on the screen, search for the name of your printer and tap on it to select the “Use” option.
- If you cannot find your printer’s name, then click on the “Add” tab to include the device in the list.
- Now close the “System Preferences” window once you have successfully added the device.
Once you have successfully installed the drivers and included the HP Designjet T510 printer to your Mac PC, you can print, fax and scan your documents with ease.
Common HP DesignJet T510 Printer Problems and Solutions
While using the HP Designjet T510 printer, you might face a few problems. So let’s see what those problems are. Thereafter, we will provide you all the necessary solutions to resolve those printing issues.
List of Problems in HP Designjet T510
The common problems that can occur in the HP Designjet T510 printer are as follows.
- Printing tasks stuck in the queue
- Paper discrepancy
- System error 21:10
- Error during printer start-up (79:03 and 79:04)
- Error message from the system
- Driver installation problems
Now let’s get on to the solution part that will be helpful for you when you face these printer problems.
Solutions to Fix the HP Designjet T510 Problems
Here are the detailed solutions to eliminate the above problems in your HP Designjet T510. Follow all the sections carefully to understand the solutions.
Resolve Printing Tasks Stuck in the Queue
When you assign a certain task to your printer, it may not respond properly. It might indicate that the printer is stuck in the printing queue. So, whenever you face this specific problem, you must follow these points to resolve it.
Delete Job Files and Restart the Print Spooler
You can try out this procedure when your printing jobs are stuck in the queue. They are as follows.
- Turn off your printer by pressing the Power button and open the “Run” dialog box in your computer.
- In the box, type “services.msc” and then press Enter. After that, the Services window will appear on your screen.
- Locate the “Print Spooler” and right-click on it. Then click on “Stop”. After stopping the service, go to the system drive of your computer and find the printer folder.
- Delete everything from the folder and then restart your computer.
Now try to print a page from the printer. If the problem still persists then try the steps that are present in the next section.
Uninstall and Reinstall Printer Drivers
This procedure is one of the easy and effective ways to resolve the printer issue. The instructions are as follows.
- Disconnect the USB connection from the printer and open the “Devices and Printers” from the Control Panel.
- Now select the icon of the printer and right-click on it to remove your device driver. As a result, the computer will start uninstalling the printer drivers.
- After that, restart your computer to save the changes. Then, download and install the drivers by following the procedure that is given above.
If you still facing the same error, you can proceed to the next solution that is given below.
Fix Paper Discrepancy
Sometimes, the bunch of pages that you are inserting in the paper tray might not be compatible with the printer. So you must use good quality papers for printing purposes. Using good quality papers will ensure that it matches the application settings so you do not get any errors.
Solve System error 21:10
The error 21:10 in your printer system shows up when there is a malfunction in the printer’s carriage or printing heads. To fix this error, the troubleshooting steps are given here.
- Turn off your printer and unplug the power cord from the electrical socket. Now open the front side of the printer and manually move the carriage unit out.
- Verify and check for any visible barrier that might persist inside the printer. Thereafter, eliminate the printing heads from the carriage and make sure they are cleaned/working properly.
Keep the carriage open for some time and then attach it inside the printer. Next, plug in the power cord and start your printer. If you face any problem further, then update your printer firmware.
Resolve Error 79:04 during Printer start-up
When you turn on your printer and see the 79:04 error message, it mostly occurs due to some firmware issues. Also, you can face this error during the startup process and also while executing printing jobs. Now, follow the steps that are given below to resolve it.
- You must check the connection status of your printer. Take out the service tag and check whether the cartridges and printing heads are within warranty. If you exceed the period, then replace the components with a new one.
- Check the printer’s firmware version. If you get any message regarding installing recent updates, apply the driver update immediately.
Error message from the system
There are many error messages that you can come across while using the HP Designjet T510 printer. To solve those errors, the only way to resolve this issue is to upgrade the firmware of your printer.
So, go to the official driver download page of HP and enter your printer’s model number. Then download the latest firmware version that is available online.
Now open the download directory and double-click on the executable file to start the installation process.
Fix Driver Installation Problems
While installing the drivers of your printer, you might face certain problems. In order to fix it, you must go through the points that are given below.
Remove and Add your Printer
Removing and then adding the printer might help you to fix the problem. Follow these steps to try this hack.
- Remove the cable and other connected devices from the printer and turn it off. After some time, turn it on again and make sure that the printer is in working condition.
- Go to the printer’s Control Panel and select the “Devices and Printers” from the list.
- You will now locate the printer icon. So, right-click on it and select the option to remove the printer.
After removing the printer from your PC, try to add your device by following on-screen guidance to download/install the driver.
Apply Windows Update to Download and Install Software
Apart from downloading drivers separately, you can also update your Windows to its latest version. This will not only download and install the updates for your Operating System but, also the latest printer drivers. If you want to perform Windows Update automatically follow the steps that are given below.
- Open the Run dialog box and type “Change Device Installation Settings”.
- Click on the “Yes (recommended)” radio button and save these changes. However, make sure that you are the Admin of your computer.
Note: The “Save Changes” icon needs Administrative rights to carry out the saving operation.
Install Printer Drivers with Add Printer Wizard
The Add Printer wizard will help you to download the necessary drivers for the device. The steps to download it are as follows.
- Open the Control Panel and click on “Devices and Printers”. Then choose the “Add Printer” tab and select your device.
- After that, click on Next and follow the instructions on the screen to install the drivers. If you cannot find your device in the list of printers, you can choose “Add a local printer” or “Network printer with manual settings”.
- Select the radio button and click on “Next”. If your printer is linked to your computer with a USB cable, select the port that is related to USB.
- Now click on Windows Update and wait for some time to complete the task. After that, access the computer’s manufacturer pane and select the name of your printer.
- Select “Add a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname” and select “Next” to proceed forward. Now choose “Auto detect” from the drop-down list and type your printer’s IP address. It’ll bring a wireless test report from the printer.
Now, wait for the computer to connect to the printer and select “Next” to install the corresponding drivers.
After carrying out the operations above, your printer is ready to print your documents.
Instant Help at Once
After performing these above steps if you still face printing problems, then you can call us at our toll-free number [ ]. Here, you will get assistance 24 x 7. So, all you have to do is just give us a call and we will take care of the rest to sort your problems.
We have our technical support team who will provide you all the necessary help to run your HP Designjet T510 printer smoothly.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Clean the HP Designjet T510 Printer’s Print Head?
Before cleaning the print head of your printer, make sure that you have enough pages in the paper tray. Now access the front panel of the device and select the “Image Quality Management”. Then tap on “Clean Printhead”.
2. What to do when the Printer Prints with Streaks in it?
When your printer is printing with streaks, it might happen that the ink nozzle became clogged. That is why it cannot distribute enough ink on the paper. Hence, you need to clean the nozzle in order to get good quality printing.