HP Designjet T520 is an inkjet printer that allows you to print all of your documents, photos, email, pictures wirelessly. Because of its user-friendly features, you can easily print your files anytime and anywhere you want. Moreover, it supports cloud as well as mobile printing services with which you can easily print without even opening your computer.
Here, we will discuss all the details of the HP Designjet T520 printer. Also, information is provided about the process to download drivers along with its installation. Hence, you need to follow every section very carefully.
Driver Download Procedure of Hp Designjet T520 Printer:
Let’s dive into the entire step by step process of downloading the drivers of the HP Designjet T520 printer. Along with that, we will also discuss the downloading procedure for Windows as well as Macintosh operating system.
Download Drivers for Windows
When you are using the Windows operating system, you must know the entire process to download the drivers as well. Therefore, you can also download the drivers manually from the official HP download page. Now perform the steps that are given below.
- First, open your default browser (IE or Edge) and type the HP support page web address in the address bar.
- After entering the support page, choose “Software and Drivers” option. Next, you will see a blank text box where you have to enter the model number of your printer. Then, click on “Submit” option.
- After clicking on the submit button, a prompt message will appear asking you for the choice of your operating system. Enter your choice and press the Enter key.
- Then, you will reach the downloads page where all the necessary drivers are present for the HP Designjet T520 printer. Now, find out a full driver package and individual drivers. Moreover, we advise you to download the individual drivers one by one.
After the successful download of all the driver executable files, you will find them in the “Downloads” folder. Open the folder and double-click on them one at a time to install the drivers. Your computer might restart during the process of installation.
Download Drivers for Macintosh
The driver download procedures for the Macintosh operating system are quite the same as Windows. But two main things that you need to keep in mind is that the default browser in the Macintosh operating system is Safari. You must also put the correct name of the operating system that you are using along with the version in the blank prompt box.
Driver Installation Setup for HP Designjet T520 Printer:
Here, we will provide you all the details of driver installation setup procedures of HP Designjet T520 printer in both Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
Install Drivers for Windows
In order to install the drivers for Windows, just follow the step by step processes that are given below.
- First, turn on your printer. After that, when the machine prompts you to plug-in the cable, attach the cable to the printer and computer.
- Look for the driver disc which you got with the printer device. Now, insert the disc in your computer’s disc drive and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the drivers.
- Now, access the HP setup wizard which will automatically detect your computer after connecting the USB cable.
- A list of instructions will present in the wizard, follow them accordingly to complete the installation process. After that install cartridges and papers to print a test page.
Install Drivers for Macintosh
Here, you will get all the processes for installing the drivers for the HP Designjet T520 printer in the Macintosh operating system. Therefore, just follow all the steps that are given below.
- Turn on your printer and Mac computer to create a new queue on your computer. Then, open the “Apple Software Update” by clicking on the Apple menu.
- Next, move on to the “System Preferences”, and then select the “Print and Fax”, “Print and Scan” or “Printers and Scanners” option.
- After that, select the name of the printer device from the list and click on the “Add” button to add the printer.
- Now, close the System Preferences window after successfully adding the printer.
You can now print, scan, fax form your HP Designjet T520 printer as much as you want.
Common Errors that you Might Encounter with HP Designjet T520 Printer and its Solutions:
As the HP Designjet T520 printer prints fine quality of photos and documents for you, you can also face various common errors while using this printer in your daily life.
Recurring Errors of the HP Designjet T520 Printer:
The list of errors that takes place quite often in the printer device is given below.
- Printing jobs stuck in a queue.
- Poor image quality.
- Paper incompatibility.
- Problems in printer hardware.
- Drivers installation failure.
- Wireless issues.
Now, we will try to resolve this error by providing you all the possible solutions.
Effective Solutions to Implement:
We have all the possible solutions for you regarding the errors which are given above. Therefore, follow all the instructions very carefully.
Printing Jobs stuck in the Queue
This is one of the common errors which takes place when you assign the printer with a greater number of jobs or any sort of internal problems. So, if you want to rectify it, you have to delete the job and then reinstall the printer driver. In order to do so, follow the steps which are given below.
- Delete the job file by selecting the jobs from the printer queue. Make sure that no jobs are active in it.
- After that, turn off the printer and open the Run dialog box (Windows +R key) and open the Services window.
- Search the “Print Spooler” service and right-click on it to stop. After that, go to the system drive of your computer.
- Find out the Printer folder and delete all the files in it. Then, turn on your printer device.
Now, you need to uninstall and then reinstall the printer driver with the following instructions which are given below.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and go to the “Devices and Printers” in Control Panel.
- Select the name of your printer and right-click on it to remove the device. After removing the printer, you are also deleting the driver files from your system.
- Now, download and install the driver from HP official downloads page and then restart your computer.
Poor Image Quality
Your HP Designjet T520 printer doesn’t print images properly due to some problems like missing colors, incorrect color accuracy, problems in printing heads and nozzles, lines on the print pages and many more. In order to fix this problem, follow some instructions that are stated below.
- Check the paper quality that you are using to print the documents. Therefore, we recommend you to use the best and smooth quality papers for printing purposes.
- Verify the printing heads and nozzles and find out whether they are somehow damaged or not. If it is so, then replace them at the earliest.
- Look out for the driver settings and find out whether you have to make any sort of changes there. In case the printing quality is set to “Normal”, then change it to “Best” mode. Also, ensure that the same settings are also present in the printer Control Panel.
- Check the ink cartridge, if it is near to empty then replace it with a new one. You must also look upon the advance calibration of paper. In case the setting is not done yet, then go to the printer Control Panel and select “Image Quality Maintenance”.
- After that, choose “Paper Advance Calibration” and tap on “Calibrate Ready Paper”.
When you are satisfied with the calibrated quality then, keep on printing your jobs accordingly. In case you are not satisfied, then turn the paper calibrator to its default settings.
Resolve Paper Incompatibility Issue
In case the settings of paper doesn’t match with the papers which are already present inside your printer, you might get an error. You need to check the paper settings of your printer. Then insert the papers only which are compatible with your printer device to avoid this issue.
Printer Hardware Problems
Your printer might face any type of hardware problem in which you must rectify it at the earliest. So, if there is a problem in the ink cartridges, then take out the ink cartridge and identify the problem and then fix it with necessary measures. After that close the ink cartridge access door.
In case the problem is at the printing head, open the topmost cover of your printer device and remove the carriage. Then, take out the printing head and examine the issue. After solving the problem, install the printing head and then restart your printer.
Settle Down Driver Installation Errors
When the drivers are unable to install in your system or showing errors, then you should remove the printer device from your system. After that, disconnect all the wired connections that are active on your computer. Then, clean all the junk or cache files from your computer and then restart it.
After the system boots up, install the drivers from the steps which are given above. Make sure that you don’t interrupt the install operation. Your computer might restart a couple of times during the installation process which is very natural. Hence, connect the printer to your computer with any wired device you want.
Whenever you are facing issues while connecting your printer or printing your files over a wireless network, then you must troubleshoot it. One of the most common ways to troubleshoot wireless issues in your printer is to reset the printer to its factory condition.
This process will wipe out all the settings of your printer. As a result, you will be able to configure the wireless settings from scratch. However, to get better assistance or guidance, it is best to take experts help. Hence, reach us at the earliest and avail the best support.
Instant Assistance at Your Fingertips:
If your problem still persists, then you can call us at [ ] which is our toll-free number. Our service is always open for you 24×7. Just give us a call and we will take care of the rest. Our expert team is always available to guide you with the potential solutions in a hassle-free way.
1. How to restart the HP Designjet T520 printer?
Open the ink cartridge and printhead, then turn off the printing device. After some time, install the ink cartridge as well as the head and then turn on your printer. Wait for a few seconds until your printer gets ready.
2. How to clean the printhead on my HP Designjet T520 printer?
To clean the printing head, make sure that there are papers present in the paper tray. Access the Control Panel and then go to the “Image Quality Management”. Next, follow all the instructions to clean the printing head.
3. Can I replace my printer’s printing head?
Printing heads are the built-in hardware accessories that are present inside your printer. There are few printers that don’t have printheads in it. Those printers use the cartridges which have built-in printing heads. Hence, verify and check whether your printer has a built-in printing head or it uses the cartridge’s heads to print. Yes, you can replace the printing heads which are built inside your printer.