The HP LaserJet Pro 600 series pacesetter printers have the ability to monitor high volume printing with customize printing and legendary reliability. It also helps you in saving resources in your system, personalizes printing policies and also improves the printing security.
This LaserJet printer handles the papers with precision and keeps the workflow on with fast printing outputs.
You will get all the necessary information regarding downloading and installing drivers, errors and common solutions, instant help and many more. So, follow all the instructions in every section very carefully.
Drivers for your HP LaserJet Pro 600 Printer
Drivers act as a bridge to establish communication between your device and the printer, then access all its features. Hence, installing driver software is mandatory to work with the device. We are going to discuss the driver download procedure for Windows as well as Macintosh Operating Systems.
Driver Download for Windows
Follow these certain steps to download the executable files for your HP Laserjet Pro 600 series drivers.
- First, open Internet Explorer or Edge and type the HP support page’s address in the URL bar.
- When the page opens, click on “Printer” and you will see a blank space. Write the printer’s model number there and click on the “Submit” button.
- After clicking the submit button, you will be able to access the drivers. The webpage will detect your Operating System automatically.
- There you will see all the necessary driver sections. Also, a “Filter by” drop-down menu will be present there, so click on it and select “All drivers”.
- Now expand the different categories to get its individual drivers. Download them one by one.
The drivers will be saved in the default “Downloads” folder on your Windows computer. You can also download all the drivers all at once depending upon the quality and speed of the Internet connection. In Windows, the setup file format is .exe.
Driver Download for Macintosh
As you are using the Macintosh operating system, the downloading procedure of printer drivers is quite the same as the Windows section. But, two main different things you need to know about this entire procedure.
First, the setup file format for Mac is .dmg. Second, the default browser is Safari. Whereas, the name of the default download folder is the same as Windows.
Install Drivers for HP LaserJet Pro 600 Series
After downloading the drivers, you must install them in order to get all the privileges of the LaserJet printer. Here, we will provide you all the steps to install the printer drivers for Windows and Macintosh Operating System.
Install Drivers for Windows
Before installing the drivers, check whether you got any driver disc with the printer. If yes, then follow the instructions that are given below.
- Unpack the CD/DVD or flash drive and insert it in your computer’s disk drive or port. Now, wait for the PC to detect and initialize the disc/drive.
- The Autoplay option will appear on the screen. You will be able to see the list of files that are present there.
- Now establish a secure connection between your printer and computer with the help of a USB cable.
- Select the setup file (.exe) and start the installation procedure. Don’t turn off the computer or make sure that no interruption takes place while the process is going on.
- After that, restart your computer to save the changes that you have just made by installing the drivers.
If you don’t get any disc with your LaserJet Pro 600, there is nothing to worry about. You can easily install the files with the help of separate printer drivers that you can download from the Internet.
Install Driver for Macintosh
Just like the Windows section, the driver installation procedure is all the same in Mac as well. Before installing the drivers, you must add the printer to your system. If the Autoplay feature is not visible, then you can make it visible with the list of files present in the driver disc.
In Mac, you can also install the drivers by downloading it from the support page by following the Driver’s Download section as given above.
Most Frequent Problems in HP Laserjet Pro 600 Series
Your printer might exhibit some common problems from time to time. A few of them are given below.
- The printer cannot pick up papers
- Poor printing quality
- Walk-up USB problems
- Slow connectivity
- Software problems
Now we will elaborate on all the possible solutions to these problems. This will be helpful for you to use your printer without any hectics.
Solutions to Fix HP Laserjet Pro 600 Problems
Here are the solutions to the problems that are listed above. Follow each and every section very carefully and perform the fixes accordingly.
Make your Printer Pick Papers correctly
When your device is not picking up papers correctly, it cannot start printing. The papers also might be jammed or the device is picking up multiple pages when this issue occurs.
So, if your product is not picking up papers correctly, there might be paper jam inside the printer. To fix this, open the section and remove the jammed papers. After that, load fresh papers in the paper input tray for printing.
Also, make sure that you have carefully adjusted the papers according to the marks given in the tray. Now open the printer’s control panel and check for any type of message prompts.
In case, the printer is picking up multiple papers, you must remove the stack of paper and shuffle it well. Then flip it and do the shuffling again. This will resolve the situation if the edges of the papers are attached.
Besides, you must use papers that are specified by HP. Don’t use any paper that is folded, crumpled or damaged. However, you should not overfill the tray with papers and maintain the guidelines so none of the pages touch the paper stack.
Improve Printing Quality
When you are receiving poor quality printing, you must follow some procedures to improve it. Those are given below.
Select the Correct Paper Type
In order to select the right paper for printing, you need to go through the points that are given below.
- Open the printer control panel and click on the “Properties” or the “Preferences” button. Now select “Paper” in the quality tab.
- After that, you will find a drop-down list. So, choose “Type is” from the list and then click on the “OK” button.
Use Papers Specified by HP
When you are facing printing problems in your printer, then use the papers that match the specifications of your printer. You must follow some guidelines when you are about to select the pages specified by HP.
- Use the papers that are of good quality, free from tears, folds, spots, dust, and wrinkles. Always try to avoid the papers that are stapled with each other.
- You must not use the papers you utilized for printing previously. It will be helpful for you if you buy papers that are sold for LaserJet printers.
- Don’t use the papers that are too rough in nature. We advise you to use smooth papers for better quality printing.
Print out a Cleaning Page
If you print a cleaning page, then it will help you to remove all the dust and excess toner from the paper path. This, in turn, will make your print quality better. To print the page, follow the steps that are given below.
- Go to the control panel and tap on the home button. Then, open the “Device maintenance” and “Calibrate/Cleaning”
- Now select the “Print cleaning page” item and press the “OK” button present there.
- Wait until the cleaning process is over. When it is done, you need to discard the printed page.
Make Changes in the Printer Cartridge
Sometimes, you can face issues with the quality of printouts like light printing, faded areas, unprinted areas on the paper, marks on the printed papers, and others. Then, you can replace the ink cartridge with a new one if necessary.
Note: If you are using a draft or EconoMode settings on your printer, the printing output might seem very light. So, change the mode of printing in these cases.
We hope with the help of these processes, you will be able to resolve the poor printing quality in your printer.
Troubleshoot Walk-up USB problems
Walk-up USB problems usually occur when you insert any USB device and the file doesn’t print accordingly. This issue can also arise when the file that you want to print is missing from there.
The USB storage device’s File Allocation Tables that will work in HP Laserjet Pro 600 series are FAT 12, FAT 16 nd FAT 32. So, any mismatch in these formats can trigger printing issues in LaserJet printers.
Now, if you face any problems regarding USB, then plug out and reinsert the storage device. As your USB storage might have multiple storage locations, reformat the device to remove the partitions. You can also use different USB storage to fix this problem.
Certain USB devices make use of an external power source. So, turn off your printer, attach the particular built-in power USB storage and then turn on your printing machine. If the storage device does not perform correctly, then remove it and restart your printer.
In case, your USB storage is working fine but the printer is not yet printing, check whether there are papers in the paper tray. If you find any, go to the Control Panel and see whether there are any messages for paper jams or other complications. So, clear these messages and try to print once again.
Sometimes, you might try to print a file that is not supported by the USB printing feature. The document extension type that are supported by the USB printing are .pdf, .prn, .pcl, .ps, and .cht.
If you have too many files present in a single folder in the storage device, you can eliminate the number of files by moving them in the subfolders. It also can happen that there is a certain character set assigned in the name of the files. Hence, you have to rename the files with ASCII to make it print correctly.
Resolve Connectivity Problems
There are various types of connectivity problems that can occur in your HP Laserjet Pro 600 series. We will provide you the solutions for each type of connectivity problem in detail.
Eliminate Direct-Connect problems
When your printer is connected to the printer directly, you might face certain problems. To eliminate them, go through all the instructions that are written below.
- Check whether the cable is correctly connected to your printer and computer. If not, then unplug it and plug-in once again.
- Make sure that the direct connecting cable is not more than 5 meters long. If it exceeds the length, try to connect a shorter cable.
- Verify that the cable is in perfect working condition. In case, you see any type of broken or torn scratches, then replace the cable as soon as possible with a new one.
There are also other problems associated with printer connectivity. Proceed to the next section to know more.
Fix all the Network Problems
When you are facing issues in the network, the printer might not be perfectly communicating with the Internet or your system. There can be various reasons like poor physical connection, incorrect IP address, communication failed with the printer, software compatibility problems and so on. To resolve all these issues, you need to follow the points that are given below.
- When you are facing glitches in a network connection, make sure that you have connected all the cables and wires correctly. You must also have a look at the network port at the back of the printer and confirm that the green and amber activity light is blinking correctly. If you still face issues, try out a different connection cable.
- Your computer might also use an incorrect IP address for which network problems might arise. So, verify and make sure that your PC is using the correct printer’s IP address. You can get information regarding the printer’s address on the Configuration page as well.
- When you install the product using the standard HP TCP/IP port, you have to select “Always print to this printer, even if its IP address changes”. In case, if you have installed the printer with Microsoft standard TCP/IP port, you need to use the hostname instead of the IP address.
- If your IP address is correctly placed, you need to remove the printer from your computer and add it once again.
We hope that all these points will help you to solve the network problems with ease.
Make your Computer Communicate with the Printer
Sometimes, your computer may not establish communication with the HP printer. In this case, you need to follow a certain procedure of network testing. Here, we are going to provide you the process to test the network in Windows and Macintosh Operating System.
To test your network in Windows, open the Command Prompt and type “ping”, then type the IP address of the printer.
Once you hit the Enter tab, you will get to know the network status of your HP LaserJet Pro 600 printer.
Open the “Network Utility”, type the correct printer IP address in its desired place in the ping pane.
If the ping fails, check the network devices whether they are properly working or not. In addition to that, verify that your computer and printer is active in the same wireless network.
Other Measures to fix Connectivity Problems
When the printer is using incorrect link and duplex settings, set your printer network in the automatic mode. For instance, if you change this setting, then you must also make the necessary changes in the network.
You might also require to install new software for the device. Hence, check whether the new software is correctly installed in your system with the correct printer drivers. If you feel that your system or the workstation is not set up correctly, then check the network drivers, printer drivers and the configuration of the OS is perfectly done or not.
Thereafter, you can print a Configuration page and go through it to check the status of the network protocol. If it is somehow disabled, enable it. You can also reconfigure the network settings if it is needed.
Troubleshoot all Software Problems
Your printer can exhibit a number of software problems that you need to troubleshoot at the earliest. You will get all the information regarding the solutions to fix software issues in Windows and Macintosh Operating System.
Fix Software problems in Windows
Go through all the points that will help to resolve the software issues in your Windows computer.
- When you cannot find the printer driver, you have to remove it. After that, reinstall the printer driver by following the driver installation section given above. You can also unplug the USB cable and plug it in a different USB port.
- if you are getting error messages during software installation, you need to check the amount of space remaining in your system. We advise you to free up enough space, so you can install the software without any hiccups. After freeing up space, start installing applications and we hope you will not get any error messages.
- When your printer is in ready mode but refuses to print, publish a Configuration page and read the printer functionality very carefully. After that, verify whether all the cables are perfectly connected. Now check whether the IP address is matching with the configuration page.
- You can also check the IP address for different Windows versions. For Windows XP, server 2003, server 2008, Vista.
- Click on the “Start” icon to open the “Settings”. Now select the “Printer and Faxes”.
- Then you will find the product driver thumbnail icon. Right-click on it to select the “Properties”.
- Choose the “Ports” tab and click on “Configure Port”. After that, verify the IP address and select “OK”.
- If the IP address is not the same, remove the driver and reinstall it once again.
For Windows 7, the steps are the same as the previous section. To know more about the solutions to software problems, proceed to the next step.
Fix Software Problems in Macintosh
On Macintosh Operating System, you can face a few software issues when you connect your HP LaserJet printer. To resolve those issues, you need to follow the points that are given below.
- When the printer drivers are not in the “Print and Fax” list, make sure that the device’s “.GZ” file is in the resource folder in the system drive. If the “.GZ” file is in the folder, the PPD file might have become unresponsive. You can now reinstall the drivers once again.
- When you cannot see the name of your printer in the product list, ensure that all the cables are connected correctly and the printer is active. You can check the configuration and then verify the print and fax list to see the name of your printer present there. If you find any issues on the USB, replace it with a new one.
- Whenever you assign any job to your device, it might not reach the printer for printing. In such cases, open the printer queue and start the job once again. You can also follow the checking procedure with the help of a configuration page and following the previous points given above.
- After connecting the printer directly to your PC, you may have selected the right driver but, cannot find the device in the “Print and Fax” list. Here, you need to perform software and hardware troubleshooting.
First, you must check that you are using Macintosh with OS X10.5 and above. Turn your printer on, use a good quality USB cable for connecting it to your PC.
Note: The iMac keyboard is not powered by a USB hub.
- In case, you are using generic drivers instead or proper HP printer drivers, you need to delete the generic ones. If more than one printer is active in your computer, select the exact name of the device. After that, install the drivers as described in the driver installation section.
HP LaserJet Pro 600 Support at your Fingertips
We hope that you have gone through all the problems that are given above. If you are still experiencing certain printing issues, just give us a phone call at our toll-free number [ ]. We will help you to solve all of your queries regarding the HP Laserjet Pro 600 series.
Why is my Printing Quality Blurry?
Ans: Blurry printing might take place because of the malfunction of your printer cartridge. There also might be some problems in the ink nozzles. So, clean the ink nozzles or replace the ink cartridges to solve the issue.
How to Make Better Quality Prints?
Ans: To make better printing quality, use good quality and heavier papers. Also, try to buy a printer that uses pigment inks and preserve your print with a sealer. You can also try the laser printing of professional quality.