The HP LaserJet Pro 700 series printers enable the feature of large volume printing. It delivers you the premium and professional printing quality. In this printer, you can preview as well as edit the scanned print jobs, manage the printing policies centrally and protect your private information with ease.
To ensure you have the best printing experience, you must be aware of the driver download and installation for HP LaserJet Pro 700 printers.
Here, you will get all the necessary information about downloading drivers, installing it, detecting and resolving printer errors, and so on.
How to Download Drivers for HP LaserJet Pro 700 Series Printers?
After buying a new HP LaserJet Pro 700 series printer, you need to unpack it and download the drivers. The drivers will help you to use the device in the most efficient way. So, the driver download procedures for the Windows and Macintosh Operating Systems are given here.
Drivers for Windows
When you are about to download the drivers for the printer, you need to follow all the instructions that are given below.
- Open your Internet browser and go to the HP official support page. From the list of device categories, choose the “Printers”.
- Now you need to identify your printer by putting the model number in the blank text box given there. After that, the webpage will automatically detect your Operating System.
- Next, click on the drop-down box and select “All Drivers”. It will display all the necessary drivers for your HP LaserJet Pro 700 series.
- As you find the category list, expand it and download the files one by one. You can also download all the files at once depending on the speed of your Internet connection.
Wait for the download process to complete. We hope now you can access the files in the default “Downloads” folder. Also, you must keep in mind that the executable file for Windows is in .exe format. Along with that, the default browser of Windows is Edge and Internet Explorer.
Drivers for Macintosh
In the case of the Macintosh Operating System, the driver download process is the same as Windows. But, you need to remember that the executable file is in.dmg format for Mac. The default browser is Safari and the default download folder is the same as Windows.
Installation of Drivers for HP LaserJet Pro 700 Printer
After the successful downloading of drivers, you need to install them on your computer. If your printer is connected to the system via USB or Ethernet, then disconnect it and start the installation process.
Let’s take a look at all the steps to install the drivers in Windows and Macintosh Platforms.
Driver Installation for Windows
In the Windows platform, the steps to install the drivers are as follows. So, carefully go through all the points to install the printer driver.
- The first thing you need to do is to check whether you got any driver installation disc/drive along with the printer. If you get one, then open the package and insert it in your computer’s CD/DVD or flash drive port.
- Wait until the Autoplay option appears on the screen. When it shows up, you will see the list of drivers including the setup file extension. Now connect the printer to your computer and start the installation process by clicking the .exe file.
- Make sure that you don’t turn off the computer while the installation process is going on. Now add the printer to the list of printers on your computer.
- In case, your driver disc is lost or you don’t have any, then install the drivers one by one. You can do this from separate executable files, which you can download from the Internet.
After the successful installation of drivers, reboot your computer to save the changes after installing the printer driver.
Driver Installation for Macintosh
As we all know that the drivers play a very important role in creating communication between your printer and PC. You can install the drivers with the help of the driver disc that comes with the HP LaserJet Pro for Mac.
Otherwise, you can install the drivers manually by following the information given in the Windows section. However, make sure to click on the .dmg file as your printer will be installed on a Mac device.
List of HP LaserJet Pro 700 Series Printer Errors and their Fixes
Even if your printer is working at its best, it doesn’t mean that it is absolutely free from all kinds of problems. Here are some common problems that you might face while working with the HP LaserJet Pro 700 series printers.
- Printer offline and jobs stuck in printing queues
- Problems while setting up the device
- Scanning problems
- Wireless issues
- The printer is not picking up papers
- Line in printout while copying and scanning
- Print quality issues
Now we will dive into the solutions regarding these printing problems. So, go through all the fixes to understand the printer error and resolve it with ease.
How to Fix Errors in HP LaserJet Pro 700 Series?
The thing you need to know is that the first four issues discussed above can be solved by downloading the HP Scan Doctor. To try this hack, visit the HP official page and you will find the executable file of the application.
So, download and install the HP Scan Doctor, then scan the whole computer and printer components in it. This tool will automatically fix any type of printer error that shows up on your system.
Note: Make sure that the printer is connected to your computer while the HP Scan Doctor application is in action.
Make your Printer Detect the Papers
When your printer is not picking up papers, it might be due to some problems like paper jams, incorrect installation of the paper tray, excessive humidity in the environment, damaged rollers, and so on. To resolve these issues, you need to follow the steps that are given below.
Step 1: Check Paper Tray and Access door
When you feel that any paper got jammed while printing, go through the following points that are mentioned below.
- Open the paper tray and check whether there are any loose pages present in it. If you find any, then remove it at once.
- Now open the printer’s access doors and look for signs of paper stuck. If you see any jammed paper, take it out and close the access door.
- After that, verify whether any torn pieces of paper are present inside the device. In case you see any small or tiny piece, use your both hands and pull it out very gently.
When you have cleared the pages, proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Check the Paper Type and its Physical Condition
In order to check the paper type and its condition, follow the step-by-step guidelines that are given below.
- Find and replace the crippled, dusty, wrinkled or folded paper with fresh pages. If necessary, you can open a new package of papers and use a stack from there.
- Try to eliminate staples, pins, paper clips and paste with adhesive paper notes instead.
- Look for the specification and insert papers according to it. You can also use the papers that are not used for printing previously.
Besides, you can also shuffle the papers before starting the printing process. So, take a stack of pages from the paper tray and bend it like U shape on both sides. Hold each stack of papers and repeat the same procedure. This shuffling will loosen every sheet that is stuck with each other.
Step 3: Investigate the Environment
The environment plays one of the most important factors for delivering quality printing from the device. To check the environment where your printer is working, have a look at the points below.
- Check the humidity of your room and match it with the specifications given in the printer. Make sure that you don’t leave the paper package out it the open. There are certain paper types that are moisture-proof. Hence, it will be better if you buy them.
- You must perform some tasks depending upon the humidity of the environment. If you feel high humidity and some papers are wavy or uneven due to it, then keep them separate. As they might catch moisture and soak it in the entire paper stack.
- In a low humidity environment, you may observe that the papers are sticking to each other. Hence, take out the paper stack and shuffle it. You can follow the previous section to know more about the shuffling process.
Note: As there is static electricity present inside your printer, the papers stick among themselves quite often.
After resolving the humidity condition, reinsert the stack of papers and you can carry on with your printing tasks.
Step 4: Accommodate the Paper Guides in the Paper Tray
In order to adjust the paper guides to its perfect condition, take a look at the following points.
- Adjust the paper guides as per the appropriate markings given on the paper tray. Also, don’t feed the papers forcefully in the paper tray as it can damage the edges.
- Then, you need to make sure that the guides in the tray are adjusted correctly just like the papers in the tray. The arrow present in the tray must be in line according to the marking.
- Also, don’t overfill the tray with papers. Hence, check the stack marking and then put papers in it. If the tray is somehow overloaded, you must remove the entire stack, straighten it and feed some papers again.
- Make sure that all the sheets are present below the height markings given there.
Now try to print and check whether the printer can pick the pages. If you still face the same problem, try out the next solution given below.
Step 5: Verify the Tray Rollers in the Printer
Here are the instructions that will be helpful for you to check the tray rollers in your printer.
- Open the tray and you will be able to access the rollers. Now observe whether they are somehow contaminated or not.
- If you see that the rollers are dirty, then use distilled water and a fine piece of cloth to clean it. So, spray the water on the cloth and wipe the rollers gently to remove all the dust and contaminations.
- Next, you need to check whether the rollers got damaged or somehow worn out. If it is so, then replace it with a new one.
After that, load fresh papers in the paper input tray and keep on printing. We advise you to buy genuine HP printer rollers to avoid damages in your printing machine.
Resolve Lines in Printout While Copying and Scanning
When you see some vertical lines during printing and scanning from the Automatic Document Feeder, it can be a critical issue. It may happen due to debris on the ADF glass, which includes dust of paper and toner, residues of adhesive, correction fluids or tapes, fingerprints, and others.
Here are the possible solutions by which you can resolve the lines in the printout. So, follow them carefully.
Step 1: Makes Sure the Issue is Occurring with the ADF Glass
First, verify and ensure that the problem is related to the ADF or Flatbed glass. Hence, place a blank paper on the glass and observe it carefully. Take two papers and mark them as “ADF” and “Flatbed”.
If the issue is visible to you on the paper that is marked as “ADF”, clean the glass and the white strip under the scanner lid.
However, if you place the “Flatbed” marked paper and find the issue, then clean it with the help of a thin cloth dipped in water.
Step 2: Separate the Debris in Another Location on the ADF Glass
If you want to isolate the Debris on the ADF glass, these instructions will be helpful for you.
- Take a blank sheet of paper and place it on the ADF and mark it as “X”. Now press the Start button and make a copy of the blank page with X written on it.
- Now place the copied paper with the face upside on the Flatbed glass. Adjust the paper correctly and follow the line or streak present on the paper to the ADF glass, which might be creating the problem.
- Then clean the specific area of the debris with a soft piece of cloth. After that, try to print or scan and see whether the problem persists or not.
If the printer exhibits the same error, you can look onto the next step that is given below.
Step 3: Replace or Clean the Mylar Strip
When your printing output still has the vertical lines, you can try out these steps that are given below.
- Open the printer/scanner lid and release the ADF guide cover by pressing the two tabs at the top and bottom.
- Now lift the ADF guide cover and find the Myler strip. Carefully open the strip by unhooking it and then remove it from the tabs.
- If you face any sort of difficulty during the removal process, you can pull the ADF guide cover and remove it. Now clean the Myler strip gently with a lint-free cloth and water.
- After completing the cleaning process, wait for the strip to dry out. Then reinstall the strip, close the ADF lid and try to print or scan.
If there is no improvement in printing, then you must replace the Myler strip with a new one.
Troubleshoot the Issues Regarding Print Quality
In case you are not receiving the printing output according to your requirement, you need to troubleshoot the issues at once. Here are some points to fix the printing quality.
Print via Different Software
When you are not satisfied with the performance of your current printing software, then you can change it and use a different one. We advise you to choose the correct and secure software for your printing purposes.
Make Changes in the Paper Type Settings
You may face certain problems like fuzzy print, darker print, crumpled paper, dots of toner spread on paper and others. Hence, you need to check the paper type and make some necessary changes. If you are using Windows OS, then follow the points given below.
- From the printer software, select “Print” and then choose your product name. After that, click on the “Properties and Preferences” button.
- Now choose the “Paper/Quality” tab and access the “Media” option. A drop-down list will appear.
- Select the proper paper type and click on “OK” to close the “Document Properties” box. Now click on “OK” in the Print dialog box to continue with printing your desired job.
When you are using the Macintosh Operating System, you need to follow these certain points to make changes in the paper settings.
- Click on the “File” menu and then select the “Print” option. You can now access the printer menu. After that, select the name of your printer.
- The printer driver displays the “Copies and Pages” menu by default. So, open the drop-down list and click on the “Finishing” menu.
- Next, select a type from the drop-down list and click on the “Print” button.
Investigate the Toner and Cartridge Status
Open the status page and here, you will find all the necessary information regarding the following items.
- Cartridge life percentage
- Number of remaining pages
- Ink remaining in HP toner cartridges
- Number of pages already printed
Now you need to use the LCD control panel or Touchscreen to print or view the page. On the printer’s control panel, touch to open the reports and supply status. Thereafter, choose the print supplies status page and then tap on the “OK” button.
Finally, access the touchscreen control panel from the home screen and touch the “Supply” option. You can now view the status of cartridges in your HP LaserJet printer. Now tap on the “Report” button to print the page.
Get Effective HP LaserJet Pro Support
When you can’t solve your printer problem with these above solutions, feel free to pick up your phone and dial our toll-free number [ ]. We have an excellent team of technicians who will assist you to solve all of your problems regarding the HP LaserJet Pro 700 series printers.
Why is my HP LaserJet Pro 700 Printer Printing Colored Lines?
Ans: Unnecessary lines or streaks on papers can damage your printing output. There is an alignment tool present in your printer’s control panel. Check the tool and if you find no issues, the printer’s head or nozzle is dirty. If you see stripes on the edge of the paper, there can be ink on the rollers and other parts.